About Me

My photo
Boulder, Colorado

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Payback (an entry on the softer side)


It’s enormous.  It’s all consuming.  It’s somewhat obsessive.  It causes me to do things I would never consider doing otherwise.  It’s more powerful than I thought it would be, even though I knew it’d be huge.  There aren’t enough adjectives to describe it.  I thought I knew, but I just didn’t know.  And yet, my love for this child grows every day.  How could that be?  And sometimes it manifests in ways that I wish it didn’t- the ways in which I worry, the ways in which I grow weary.

One crazy realization that this love has brought me is the true understanding that this is how much my parents have loved and love me.  I have no doubt about that now.  Not that I ever did.  I must admit, I’ve spent some time in my 20s analyzing the ways in which my parents screwed me up over the years, and granted, the screwed-up is there.  But I never really knew that THIS was what they went through.   Wow.
I'm sure they chuckle to themselves every time they talk to me these days.  Haha- I sure did get my come-upins.  And I mean that in the best way possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment